The Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) program is a part-time withdrawal program for upper primary school Year 5 and 6 students in public schools.
All year 4 students at Richmond Primary School sit the PEAC entrance test in term 3 of year 4. Parents who do not wish for their children to be tested can opt out by contacting the school in writing. Identified students are selected to participate in differentiated programs.
Programs focus on:
- social interaction with gifted and talented peers
- intellectual rigour and challenge
- pursuit of excellence
- development of higher order process skills
- in-depth investigations of real problems
- open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation
- opportunities to interact with practising experts
- students working at their own pace
- self/peer evaluation and reflection of performance.
PEAC programs are managed at a regional level find out more…