The School Council is an energetic part of the school community. The Council looks to work with the Principal to help deliver the best quality educational experience for our children.
We call for new members at the beginning of each new school year. We welcome new ideas and suggestions.
WHAT THE COUNCIL DOES
The council helps the school deliver a quality education experience for our children by:
- Reviewing relevant data to establish priorities and general policy directions
- Having input into the financial arrangements and periodically reviewing the budget of the school
- Reviewing the school’s performance with reference to NAPLAN and other school and system data
- Promoting the school within the community
- Promoting the School Council within the parent community
WHAT WE DON’T DO
The School Education Act specifically prevents the School Council from getting involved in the day to day management and/or control of the school. The School Council has an advisory/strategic role.
Examples of things that the School Council cannot do:
- Direct the Principal
- Employ Staff
- Manage Class Placements
- Intervene in disputes
The School Council is different from the P&C.
SOME OF OUR RECENT PROJECTS
The Council works hard to develop projects that create the best possible environment for our children. Some of the current projects are:
- Developing the parent talent pool
- Developing the student council mentoring programme
- Gaining Independent Public School status
- Developing the induction process for new School Council members
Some past projects include:
- Review of the school budget
- Review of parent satisfaction surveys
- Sign off of chaplaincy mid year review and support of chaplaincy program
- Review of deeds of licence for use of school premises
- Introduction of lump sum credit process
- Finalising the development plan for the Richmond Primary School Council
- Review of school policies
- Review of the Uniform Policy
- Updating the School Council’s Code of Conduct
ABOUT THE COUNCIL
The School Council is governed by the School Education Act and Regulations and its terms of reference.
The School Council serves the whole school from kindergarten through to year 6.
The School Council currently has provision for 9 members:
1 Principal 6 Parent Reps 2 Staff Reps
2018 COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
SCHOOL COUNCIL CHAIR
Lisa Dentith, Michelle Gorringe
Peter Wade, Kylie Telfer, Adele Healy, Azita Khalessi, Lacey Filipich, Richard Keamy.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE COUNCIL
The Council meets formally twice a term after school.
There may also be ad hoc meetings with council.
School Council members are required to comply with Code of Conduct and the Terms of Reference.