The School Board is an energetic part of the school community. The Board looks to work with the Principal to help deliver the best quality educational experience for our children.
We call for new members at the beginning of each new school year. We welcome new ideas and suggestions.
WHAT THE BOARD DOES
The board helps the school deliver a quality education experience for our children by:
- Reviewing relevant data to establish priorities and general policy directions
- Having input into the financial arrangements and periodically reviewing the budget of the school
- Reviewing the school’s performance with reference to NAPLAN and other school and system data
- Promoting the school within the community
- Promoting the School Board within the parent community
WHAT WE DON’T DO
The School Education Act specifically prevents the School Board from getting involved in the day to day management and/or control of the school. The School Board has an advisory/strategic role.
Examples of things that the School Board cannot do:
- Direct the Principal
- Employ Staff
- Manage Class Placements
- Intervene in disputes
The School Board is different from the P&C.
SOME OF OUR RECENT PROJECTS
The Board works hard to develop projects that create the best possible environment for our children. Some of the current projects are:
- Developing the parent talent pool
- Developing the student board mentoring programme
- Gaining Independent Public School status
- Developing the induction process for new School Board members
Some past projects include:
- Review of the school budget
- Review of parent satisfaction surveys
- Sign off of chaplaincy mid year review and support of chaplaincy program
- Review of deeds of licence for use of school premises
- Introduction of lump sum credit process
- Finalising the development plan for the Richmond Primary School Council (now Board)
- Review of school policies
- Review of the Uniform Policy
- Updating the Code of Conduct
ABOUT THE SCHOOL BOARD
The School Board is governed by the School Education Act and Regulations and its terms of reference.
The School Board serves the whole school from kindergarten through to year 6.
The School Board currently has provision for 9 members:
1 Principal 6 Parent Reps 2 Staff Reps
2019 SCHOOL BOARD REPRESENTATIVES
Lisa Dentith, Michelle Gorringe
Azita Khalessi, Lacey Filipich, Richard Keamy, Madeleine Cox, Kate Grieve
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD
The Board meets formally twice a term after school.
There may also be ad hoc meetings with the School Board.
School Board members are required to comply with Code of Conduct and the Terms of Reference.