The School Board is an energetic part of the school community. The Board looks to work with the Principal to help deliver the best quality educational experience for our children.
We call for new members at the beginning of each new school year. We welcome new ideas and suggestions. Please see the 2020 nomination form on the adjacent tab.
WHAT THE BOARD DOES
The board helps the school deliver a quality education experience for our children by:
- Reviewing relevant data to assist in establishing priorities and general policy directions
- Having input into the financial arrangements and periodically reviewing the budget of the school
- Reviewing the school’s performance with reference to school and system data
- Promoting the school within the community
- Promoting the School Board within the parent community
WHAT WE DON’T DO
The School Education Act specifically prevents the School Board from getting involved in the day to day management and/or control of the school. The School Board has an advisory/strategic role.
Examples of things that the School Board cannot do:
- Direct the Principal
- Employ Staff
- Manage Class Placements
- Intervene in disputes
- Raise funds
The School Board is different from the P&C.
SOME OF OUR RECENT PROJECTS
The Board works hard to develop projects that create the best possible environment for our children. Some of the current projects are:
- Review of the school budget
- Review of parent satisfaction surveys
- Review of school data
- Development of an induction process for new School Board members
- Updating the development plan for the Richmond Primary School Board
Other recent projects include:
- Sign off of chaplaincy mid year review and support of chaplaincy program
- Review of deeds of licence for use of school premises – currently OSHClub; Marshalls Tennis and Bricks 4 Kidz
- Review of school behaviour policy
- Review of school dress code
- Updating the Board Code of Conduct
- Supporting the school in gaining Independent Public School status
- Developing the parent talent pool program
ABOUT THE SCHOOL BOARD
The School Board is governed by the School Education Act and Regulations and its terms of reference.
The School Board serves the whole school from kindergarten through to year 6.
The School Board currently has provision for 9 members: 7 Parent Reps and 2 Staff Reps including principal.
2020 SCHOOL BOARD REPRESENTATIVES
Lisa Dentith, Michelle Gorringe
Matthew Rose (vice chair); Madeleine Cox (secretary), Lacey Filipich, Kate Grieve, James Hepworth, Richard Keamy.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD
The Board meets formally once a term.
There may also be ad hoc meetings with the School Board.
School Board members are required to comply with Board Code of Conduct and the Terms of Reference.