Gifted and Talented Secondary School Programs
Many year 6 students at Richmond Primary School move into gifted and talented programs in year 7.
Offered at 20 select public secondary schools, students study with other gifted students and follow a curriculum designed specifically for their needs. They enjoy a rich learning environment that is challenging and stimulating.
- study an enriched curriculum
- have access and links with universities and industry bodies
- have contact with leading industry professionals
- take part in competitions at national and international levels
- have access to mentoring programs.
Entrance to academic programs is determined by the results of the Academic Selective Entrance Test (ASET). Programs in arts and languages may also require auditions, interviews and the submission of school reports.
Applications for the 2020 intake have now closed.
Registrations of interest for the year 7, 2021 intake (current year 5 students) will open March 2019.